View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 10:40 PM   #9
Nereidalbel

Default Re: inflicting advantages with negative limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
What really rustles my jimmies is that I want to make a solipsistic character who has the ability to reduce people to figments of their imagination (mechanically, Afflict them with Insubstantiality), but because it's an Advantage, this costs 80 points per level. Plus, Afflicted Advantages are automatically Always On, so there's no way to get that -50% on the Insubstantiality, despite the fact that taking away someone's ability to act on the material world is considerably disadvantageous. How would I have to modify this Advantage to turn it into a Disadvantage? No Vertical Move + a new limitation "No Movement Through Opaque Surfaces"? At some point does it become a feature, like Infravision (Instead of Normal Vision)?
As a 0 point Feature when buying an Affliction, you can declare that the advantage(s) is(are) under the target's control for the duration. Also, it should be noted that unless you pay for Can Carry Objects, your target ends up dropping everything they had, including their clothes! As a Malediction, you can use a Will roll to force somebody out of a 300 DR Warsuit. I'm thinking that's worth the points, tbh.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote