View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #82
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia Valenth View Post
Minor note: should cost 60 energy (12 x 5)

This is interesting, actually I was originally trying to create something like Missile Shield from GURPS Magic, except not as overpowered (5 FP to be immune to all ranged attacks for 1 minute plus maintenance...) using portals instead of just turning them away (which I suppose would be easier).

I have to ask how multiple defenses in one turn work with this. According to the description it counts as a Dodge, so does it work at the -4 per attempt like parry or the infinite attempts at no penalty like Dodge?
Yeah, I just copied your template in a hurry. Dodges take no penalty unless you use the optional rules from GURPS Martial Arts in which case it's -1 per Dodge after the first. Were I to use this in my campaign I'd use this rule for magical defenses. Also, remember you can't achieve true immunity to damage in Ritual Path magic because you can't do it with regular GURPS traits. To set "immunity to [X]," you as the GM need to decide what is the most damage dice a ranged attack is going to have. Then multiply the dice x 6. For a typical fantasy campaign where the arrow is king, this is probably 4d at most, so "DR 24 (Limited, Ranged, -20%) [96]" might be "Immunity to Ranged Attacks." See GURPS Powers, p. 118 for more information.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote