View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #37
Skarg

Default Re: TFT and GURPS - where is the line between them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
... Bottom-line: MtM is just not for me, thanks; I am a TFT-guy - and that's that.
Ok.

Quote:
Yes, attacks; as in the singular variable damage generated during another figures attack-phase; which I averaged to 3.5 hits per attack at 1d6.
Oh sorry - by "hit" I meant "successful attack" not point of damage. My point being that the active defenses in GURPS mean that a skilled/agile low-armor character hopefully entirely avoids taking any damage from many attacks because they dodge, retreat, block, parry, etc many of the attacks, and survive that way, where in TFT-as-written there is no effective way to do that except the Defend option (which precludes attacking and doesn't take into account skill). I like playing little-to-no-armor fighters too, but I'd rather be able to use my skill to avoid being hurt (without having to take out every opponent I face before they can attack me) than get slowly cut down.

Quote:
BTW, are you still running that joint on the outskirts of the Village of Bendwyn? I had a great time last time I was there, and uh, sorry about all the, uh,... damage. ;-)
Why yes, Skarg's is ever-popular and going strong in my original campaign (though I haven't run it in a long time). Don't worry about the damage. Skarg learned long ago how to capitalize on nightly mayhem. In my campaign, Skarg had a second bar-room built so when one gets too damaged, he can keep the other open while the damaged one gets repaired. And of course there's a large graveyard.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote