View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:55 AM   #50
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Naloth, please keep in mind that these are not meant to be direct 100% translations. This is a "Reboot" project. Things will change from the accepted Marvel canon. Think of it as a reimaging of the setting as opposed to listing what is accepted canon.

I believe I mentioned all this in the first post of the thread.

Edit: Besides, in this universe reboot these X-Men are in college, attending Empire State University alongside Peter Parker and pals -- something that never happened in the mainstream Marvel Universe. (I have to ask: do you read the History segments, or do you skip straight to the stat block?) Iceman's ability to add long columns of numbers in his head is why he's taking accounting classes: put the ability to good use. He's got Struggling wealth because he's not relying on mom and dad to pay the bills; same as most every other college student I've met. Beast would not have claws until he mutates himself, and there's a big IF on that event. And earlier, you called Bucky "he", when the entry clearly stated she's a high school girl from Queens.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 05-16-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote