View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:26 AM   #24
jason taylor

Default Re: What equipment should be provided?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
As a related note, what kind of stuff should I assume that the player's ships locker will contain? Assuming 2167, or more like 2168 starting date, GURPS ISW campaign framework.

What guns, ammo, armor, etc should be available on the ship? What medical supplies?

Also, does anyone have a decent system for working out the random bits of gear that I'm not too keen on on keeping count of?

Also, by 2167/2168/2170, are imperial and terran technologies how interchangeable? Do terran guns use imperial cartridges, or vice versa? Do imperials and terrans have the same standards on powercells and voltages? Heck, do their tools work on each others equipment?

I would assume that imperials have standardised on everything by that point, but have terrans standardised even between themselves?
Imperials have standardized everything. Terrans have not as that would require regulation that the government is unwilling to do and would perhaps be unhealthy to the economy anyway. There is likely to be internal standardization within a corporation or confederation of corporations. Terran and Imperial tech is not interchangeable at the high tech end and is not even built to the same design philosophy. At the low tech end a hammer is just a hammer.