View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #1243
Polydamas

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johansen View Post
Yeah, I wish mine was well capitalized and well run. :D

Oh well it's been fun, stressful and painful but I sure have run a lot of D&D and GURPS these last six years. To be honest I think the old distribution and store model is dead. Especially for rpgs but the one to three month sales window that Steve talked about is the same one Games Workshop talks about. Their best sales for any model are in the month it's released and the two months after that. After that it's all back catalog and long tail.
Ok, how could that work? I mean, if you want a Chaos Space Marines Tzeentch army, you need Marine infantry, the right kinds of minor demons, and a few basic vehicles, and none of those change frequently. Do you have any links? Traditionally they kept their business model close to their chest, because "marketing to 12 year olds who can't actually paint" "letting third party retailers build business than cutting off distribution and launching your own franchise next door" and "recruiting fans as who will spend most of their disposable income on discounted minis to staff your stores" do not play well on the front page news.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote