View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
tantric
Banned

Default Dreamworlds as Domains, Astral Cosmology

I'm trying to work Dreamworlds into my cosmology. Psionic Powers implies that there is a shared Dreamworld and that it is a real timeline (Dream Projection is built on Jumper, while Astral Travel is built on Insubstantial). I'm curious as to how other people have worked spirit worlds and dream worlds into their campaign cosmologies. Just tell me how it works in your world.

The cosmology of my setting has the Earth, Sky, Land of the Dead and Underworld as contiguous realms so that it is actually possible to walk from one to the next, with the Underworld being both below the Earth and above the Land of the Dead. It is called the Cloth of Being, since the layers are seen as folds. Magic/energy permeates and connects all of the folds. The Astral realm is then the space between the folds, where there is energy and spirit/information, but no matter. I'd prefer for each being to have his own Dreamworld, a kind of Astral bubble (beads on the cloth of being). Dreamworlds can overlap, and can have windows and doors, though this isn't particularly safe. I'll have to stat these as advantages, and I really have no idea how to go about that.
tantric is offline   Reply With Quote