View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #33
gkzhukov

Default Re: Translation problems in new GURPS Lite Spanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima
A new batch of corrections!
  • [snip]
  • p25, under "Armas de Fuego", "Rifle and Shotgun Table" -> "Tabla de Rifles y Escopetas" [Leftover word]
  • p25, in the ranged weapon table, "Rifle Francotirador" -> "Rifle de Francotirador" [Missing word]
Hola, Kuroshima and All.

I am also very worried that SJG would let such a botched job slip by, and I am also sure they will soon upload a corrected version.

Regarding your fantastic work at proofreading the text, please allow me to make a couple of comments:

I'd substitute fusil for rifle. It's the proper word in Spanish (we usually follow the French in military terminology). Likewise, we do not use the term francotirador (sniper) as a designator for sniper rifles. We call these weapons something like "accuracy rifles".

So the two pieces of errata above would read as follows:
  • p25, under "Armas de Fuego", "Rifle and Shotgun Table" -> "Tabla de Fusiles y Escopetas" [Leftover word & style]
  • p25, in the ranged weapon table, "Rifle Francotirador" -> "Fusil de Precisión" [Missing word & style]

Last edited by gkzhukov; 12-25-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Deleted a redundant comma.
gkzhukov is offline   Reply With Quote