View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 01:50 PM   #7
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Mounted Infantry in Overrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
"the combat" is the overrun. If they dismount at the start of the overrun, they can't remount at the end of the overrun and continue moving on the vehicle. You have to decide between gaining the defensive advantage of spreading out your target surface vs being able to continue moving with the vehicle after the overrun.

In practice, it's almost never a good idea to stay mounted. The odds of the vehicle surviving for them to keep riding it after the overrun are extremely low.
Gotcha. I figured that the combat = overrun in that case, and have been working off of "infantry may not move or remount until next turn if they dismounted for an overrun", but started doubting myself when reading the thread.

It creates the opportunity for an interesting edge case...the rules don't explicitly address "Mount, ridden vehicle enters overrun, dismount to participate in overrun", and I see that leading to disagreements over which section has primacy.

My gut says 5.11.3 has primacy because 8.06.1 says 'May', but I could see how someone could argue that 8.06.1 has primacy because it doesn't say 'if able'.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote