View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #22
Icelander

Default Re: Tactical Shooting: Singing the Cold War Berlin Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJohn View Post
Great Post!

The correct german version would be "Verdammter Ami"
I'll hit the player in the nose with a rolled up newspaper. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJohn View Post
Tatical Shooting seems to have a hole lot of equiment for guns I cant wait to get my hands on it....
As a matter of fact, it has more rules than it has equipment, which is as it should be.

Most of the guns used here come from GURPS High-Tech: Pulp Guns 1 and 2 and GURPS SEALS in Vietnam. Some might be from GURPS Martial Arts: Fairbairn Close Combat Systems. All of these books are already available and all of them are to be highly recommended. They're all written by Hans-Christian Vortisch, the writer of GURPS Tactical Shooting.

But just so you don't have the impression that there will be no new gun stats, GURPS Tactical Shooting will feature carefully selected weapons that are especially important to tactical shooting and a chapter on gunsmithing that is similar to the one in GURPS Gun Fu, but geared more toward realism.

And, since GURPS customers have been exceptionally good this year, Hans-Christian Vortisch is also scheduled to write GURPS Adventure Guns and GURPS Modern Firepower at some point in the not-too-distant future. And those will have a plethora of new guns.

Adventure Guns covers the period 1850-1915, which includes the American Civil War, the Wild West, Victorian-era adventures whether in London, Johannesburg or the darkest Africa and a wealth of other adventure opportunities. GURPS Modern Firepower, as the name might hint, will offer a range of the newest and most up-to-date hardware, hopefully also to include body armour and other related technologies as the 3e version did.