View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 04:56 AM   #27
Qohelet

Default Re: Damage from falls

[QUOTE=Lupo]I guess you're right - 10 point of damage means -2 to HT rolls, and it's not easy rolling three times in a row 8 or less.

Would you mind to check for HT 11 and 12 (more common for PCs) as well? ^^

Or... would you make your bleeding simulator available to us? I find it really interesting!

Hi

Lupo[

Yes Luther, please!
Anyway, I tend to agree with you - but i also ABSOLUTELY agree with Sidis, when he says
"Damage from falls higher than 10 yds should get a x3 modifier (vitals)".

That's very very true, and it's the way i'm dealing with falls in my plays. (actually i set a threshold of 15 yds, but 10 is maybe more realistic. i'll think about it...) It's a very simple HR, but it makes falls much closer to reality.
Consider that internal organs are slightly movable, and they oscillates whenever the body suffers a sudden deceleration. With strong deceleration, they make BiG oscillations, thus dislocating an d tearing vital structures (aorta rupture is a common lesion of high falls, for instance. I should really get some statistic to know how much common, but don't have time..). The spine too would most likely get damaged from a very high fall, no matter in what position you fall.