View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 11:08 PM   #5
tbone

Default Re: LLandor the Gray's Dodge Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLily View Post
Gotcha.

It appears that he is Elven, but does not speak or understand the Elven language.
I've noticed, too, that the characters in the book are decidedly monolingual speakers, though a couple do have written languages. (I think these are reasonable design choices for very delve-centric character examples – there probably aren't many Elvish speakers waiting down in the depths, but moldering texts in any language are always appropriate.)

For any player taking one of those semi-multilingual characters, I'd point out that the PC can be made more social by switching the language ability from written to spoken, with no point cost change needed.

As for Llandor: Adding Elvish would of course make sense for the character, but it's kind of amusing to see him as a guy who makes a big deal of his Elvish name and heritage, yet can't understand a word of the language. : )

Side thought: If I were taking Argua or Masha as a PC, I'd probably drop 3 points somewhere to make room for spoken Orcish. That's a practical language for a party to have!

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote