View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 02:03 PM   #1
WaterAndWindSpirit

Default Designing a Squad Insertion, Command And Support Aiborne Vehicle (SICASAV)

So I am designing a SICASAV for a campaign. Basically, it's an aircraft designed to insert, extract and support small tactical squads. It is using magic to cram more thing into itself, but magic can't reduce it's weight, but it can make it run silent. It is a TL 8 aircraft with early TL 9 computer technology available.

I've been thinking on basing it off the Osprey, replacing the rotors by reactors powered by fire elemental, giving it eternal fuel supply. Lightly armored, fast, able to hover and VTOL, heavily armed with GAU-8 Avenger minigun turrets to deal with aircrafts, a missile and countermeasure system, and a TL 9 supercomputer on board charged with communications, encryption, hacking and electronic warfare in general and precision bomb dropping (counts as best TL 8 for these tasks). There is a command post here the crew mans the remote controlled turrets and the Squad Tactical Liaison communicates with HQ and monitors the squad in real time, and an armory able to hold and maintain common TL 8 gear like common guns, explosives, ammunition, and such, with room to spare for specialized equipment in case the mission requires it.

The purpose of the aircraft is to insert a small elite squad somewhere and support it in unconventional warfare, against non government but heavily equipped foes, in all territory. Enemies run the spectrum from terrorists, mafias and such to corporate mercenaries armed with military grade equipment, it is specialized in covert actions but can take part in pen combat if needed, say if a class 4 pathogen lab has been attacked by a non government force it could insert a squad to destroy every sample and data while zeroing on radio jammers and bombing them so the can get back in contact with the squad. It operates without government sanction but doesn't engage government targets, only paramilitary targets. It is operated by a "paranormal police" type of organization.

Did I miss something this craft could use, and how much would one cost?
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote