View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #233
tshiggins

Default Re: Project Jade Serenity [Supers/Technothriller]

Sexual assault, and even a false accusation of sexual assault, takes careful thought before inclusion in a campaign, and for many groups I'd never do it, at all. In my more than 40 years of gaming, at this point, I only ever sort of included it, twice.

The first was back in high school, when my friends and I were 15 and 16. One player had his character kidnap some young peasant women and use them as slaves, because "teenage boys." Even then, we kept it "off-screen," as it were.

The only other time took place with the rape spirit in the Facets campaign, and I described it in that thread.

This situation is a bit fraught with the possibility of degeneration into No Fun. How have the players responded, so far? Do all of you know each other well enough that the GM knew it lay within the comfort zone of the players?

Given that most of my players are female, right now, I don't know that I'd go with a sub-plot this close to something that has the potential to carry such unpleasant emotional weight. Even the rape spirit, as removed from reality as it was, gave me a moment's pause.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote