View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
panton41

Default Re: [Spaceships] Homebrew: Alternate Habitats

I believe the Control Room system includes the ship's computer, but I assume you're referring to additional computing power. I could actually see this in a Star Trek game where the computer (semi-canonically*) takes up significant space in the hull. It might also be useful for Traveller-style X-Boats where the ship consists of a jump drive, fuel, space for a single crewman and the rest filled with computers and communications gear.

I think Eric Smith's spreadsheet has the ability to include single-cabin establishments, and I assumed they were RAW anyway, but it's nice to have a detailed write-up beyond a blank in Excel.

* Never seen on screen but included in the show runner's bible and in fan-oriented technical guides from the official "tech guy."

I might propose:

Commons: Habitable space not dedicated to any particular use besides a common area for crew and passengers to intermingle. Often functions as a dining area, entertainment space, exercise room, short-term habitation and other roles often delegated to a terrestrial "living room."

Quirks: Doesn't proofread forum posts before clicking "Submit". [-1]

Quote:
"My mace speaks Goblin." Antoni Ten Monros
panton41 is offline   Reply With Quote