View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 09:44 AM   #9
khorboth

Default Re: Meaning of stats compared to real world

For a realistic-ish presentation of IQ 20, I like Ozy from Watchman. Every mental pursuit was extremely easy for him. He has no intellectual peers, not even close. He does everything well from politics to inventing to personal manipulation. At one point in his backstory, he gave away everything and went to living on the streets. He was back in money very quickly because he almost can't help but succeed wildly.

When he actually trained a bit in something, he quickly surpassed everyone else on earth. Just like a few points in a skill for someone with a stat at 20 would surpass someone with a sane stat, a reasonable talent, and a bunch of points.

Yes, he had other things going for him, too. High DX and arguably enhanced time sense, but let's not devolve the thread.

I don't see that level of intelligence as being something that actually realistically comes out in humans. Maybe it's that there are always disadvantages which moderate it, or maybe it's just that we haven't seen it yet. Either way, I can't picture someone being quite that all-around brilliant.
khorboth is offline   Reply With Quote