Thread: Flask of Glue
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Flask of Glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post
Hello all,

I am sorry to bring this card up again, but I have searched the forum and didn't find an answer to my question.

First of all, when does combat end if things go wrong and I have to run away? Does combat end after declaring that I have to run away or does it end after I rolled a dice and escaped/suffered bad stuff?
Once you decide to Run Away and are preparing to roll the dice, combat's over. However, I'm not sure of the context here. Why does it matter? If you have a link to your original question, maybe that would help, but if you can explain the context without it, maybe I can give an extended answer.

Quote:
Suppose player A is fighting two (regular) monsters and hasn't got the combat strength to beat them. He must run away. Suppose he succesfully escapes both monsters. Can the Flask of Glue be used to force a re-roll for both attempts or just for one?
The reason I'm asking is that the card says "escapes a combat". I mean, wouldn't it have said "escapes a monster" if it was meant to be used to force just one re-roll?
Flask Of Glue is worded to cover several different possible scenarios, including escapes that get you past all the Monsters in one fell swoop (like Instant Wall, or sacrificing a Hireling, even though Hireling sacrifice didn't exist when the card was created). In those cases, you'd have to roll against each Monster. However, if it's played after you successfully run away from one Monster, I'd only have that affect that roll, even if you had successfully run away from 2 other Monster before.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote