View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
Shadow1psc

Default A few questions about fighting!

This thread might have been more appropriately named 'Fighting multiple monsters'. I apologize for the ambiguous title.

I apologize in advance if they've been asked before, or seem more common sense/self explanatory, but my group likes to argue, and I keep forgetting to ask if these would be the way to rule but...

1) When fighting a monster with a special condition (IE: Says you can only use your levels (no bonus) against it) is joined by another, how does the condition work?

I rule that the condition applies to the whole fight. Only your levels count vs. the total of both monsters.

2) When fighting multiple monsters, can you choose to flee from one, but fight the other(s)?

I rule that if you choose to run, you're running from the entire engagement (rolling for each bad stuff still, of course).

3) When activating a charm effect (Wizard or otherwise) in combat with multiple monsters, when is treasure allocated?

This is asked, because I rule that treasure is allocated when all monsters are dealt with. The player in question argues that you can discard your hand, charm one, collect the treasure, then charm again (etc.) Effectively never losing, but admittedly never having any cards (or running out of things to discard should a monster only be worth one treasure).

Anyway, these have all been posed to me at work, when I can post, 'cause we tend to play at Denny's and forget about our questions before the night is through (I mean, seriously long 10pm to 2+ am Munchkin sessions). Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Shadow1psc; 01-20-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Title
Shadow1psc is offline   Reply With Quote