View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 03:21 AM   #46
benz72

Default Re: First GURPS Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godogma View Post
I asked how to stat Chain Lightning or Magic missile, and you replied with something utterly aside the topic - perhaps you didn't catch that? You told me both were already in the book.

Neither are. Nor are reasonable fascimiles that duplicate or near duplicate the functions of either.

The statement prior to yours that I replied to Kindly read the question before proffering an answer was another plea for help statting them.

Of course you'd have to have referred back to the very first post to know that so maybe you missed it.
Force Dome, Flight and Reverse Missiles, the spells listed in the post immediately prior to yours, are already statted out. I don't know what the specifice effects you want to stat out are, but I would start py talking a look at powers... though that's probably not the answer you are looking for.

If you want balance, high damage and easy low cost casting you are likely to be disappointed. Just use whetever the GM feels fits his gameworld. For most places, high damage cheap spells + unbalanced.