View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 02:41 AM   #88
ak_aramis

Default Re: December 26, 2017: The Fantasy Trip Returns Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
A fair question, because the Dark City situation doesn't really have a precedent in the hobby AFAIK. It would not have been right to talk ABOUT Dark City until I had talked TO them, but I just finished a very pleasant call with George Dew. So the executive summary is, we are talking :) In my perfect Year 2019 or 2020, there would be no "clone rules" on the market, but there would be a wide variety of "new" fan-written adventures available under the TFT banner. I should not say "fan," because if these guys sell me a dozen adventures, they are pros.
It's got a similar one happening with Wizards and Evil Hat. Evil Hat just registered the trademark "Star Frontiers", and Wizards just put it into the D&D classics portion of One Bookshelf (DBA RPGNow.com, DrivethruRPG.com, D&DClassics.com)... and no announcements by either about it, but someone found it on the Trademark search and noted it.

I expect more will go that way, given that the recovery law is relatively new, not well known, and only now reaching the effective time for a bunch of things.

I'm hoping you encouraged the other authors to recover their part of the derivative works so you can get them into reprint...

I do hope Joe and Gary of DGP see this thread...
ak_aramis is offline   Reply With Quote