View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 11:43 AM   #40
Koshka

Default Re: Drinking During An RP Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
I get my caffeine from Diet Dr. Pepper, now that Coke Zero has gone off the market. . . .
I'm told that Coke No Sugar tastes very much like Coke Zero, but since I can't stand the taste of anything carbonated this is very much secondhand information.

Getting back on-thread, I don't drink alcohol and the closest I've come to gaming under other intoxicants is the occasional game during cold season -- I use the 12-hour OTC meds because there's no point to the ones that wear off in four hours, so if I'm on them I tend to be a little drowsy. No one's ever told me to put my dice away and sleep it off, so I assume my gaming isn't affected too much.

For an assortment of medical reasons, most of the players in the two groups I'm in do not drink. One group keeps a collection of bottled water and soda available, and in winter there's a percolator full of hot water available for making tea and hot chocolate. The other group is less organized, people normally bring their own beverages (usually whatever came with their take-out combo meal).

The group that includes smokers has a house rule that e-cigs at the table are fine, real tobacco needs to go outside.

The only time I ever gamed with someone smoking pot during a game was back in college. That's when I learned that second-hand pot smoke makes me ill ... which means I really can't judge how it may have affected that player's gaming style.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote