View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 11:13 PM   #9
tbone

Default Re: Complimentary Skill Rolls for Influence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburr0003 View Post
Nice, simple, no "escalation" of risk, and it's an "all in" type thing.
But I like the escalation part. : )

Otherwise, no argument with your suggestion; it's another valid way to do things. Though I don't know about "simpler": in the example of using Tracking, Stealth, Bow, and Camouflage to assist a Survival roll, whatever the penalties set on those complementary rolls, they still end up getting rolled, which is the time-consuming part.

Then again, the penalties overall are harsher than what I suggested, so that alone should lead to players placing fewer skills on the to-roll list.

It's all good. More options for the GM tool-box. The only added advice on the topic I'd offer new GMs is this: Whatever the number of complementary skills you allow, have the player state (in few words) why that skill is relevant, i.e., how it's helping. Unless time is really pressing, that sort of player description is the fun stuff.

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote