View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 07:48 AM   #784
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Five Earths, All in a Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg 1 View Post
Very interesting setting that I've enjoyed reading about on the GURPS wiki site!

One thing I'd like to be clearer on is the degree to which the worlds are aware of each other and how easy travel between the worlds is. References to lawyers tearing their hair out over the differences suggests that awareness is high and travel easy. Is there interdimensional trade? Are the differences in science and tech levels between the worlds being erased by contact?
Since trade is via space travel it is akin to the Age of discovery - long, time consuming, and relatively expensive. Information is far easier to send back and forth.

Dieselpunk and Infopunk have the most contract with each other thanks to Dieselpunk's WWII.

Steampunk Earth has had a few efforts in gathering information but how much they know is unclear.

Clockpunk Earth is not a major player.

Fantasy Earth has communication portals to the other Earths and serves as a kind of defacto information hub.

The timeline (which I just cleaned up to make it a little easier to move around) and Vignettes (flavor text) is most of the information we have outside of what it being kicked around on spacebattles' forum.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote