View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 05:49 AM   #40
Polydamas

Default Re: Banestorm Navies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Sure, it isn't an especially rigorous setting. It's basically a bunch of handwaves to make fantasy RPG tropes sort of plausible.
There is definitely room for "high-magic, the MoS just focuses on a few conspicuous things" and "low-magic, low-tech" visions of the setting. I just am not sure that its possible to make a version of the setting with just the right feel without being very careful about how magic works, and since I don't have the books with me, I sure can't comment on specific spells. But lots of people find that fun and still have time for it, and good for them!

Trederoy can be a plausible city in a world with medieval technology plus magic and multiple intelligent species, or an excuse to have Arabian Nights tropes, swashbucking tropes, and Evil Theocracy tropes in the same place (and magic would help with the size and density of the city and the presence of plenty of bridges and stone buildings). It all depends on what the GM and players enjoy!

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote