View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 02:37 PM   #10
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Pyramid #3/103: Setbacks

Over all, I have to agree with Doug - there is a lot here. Michelle's article is the one that will see immediate use, but David's random roll tables for spaceship malfunctions was awesome. Steven, wrote another piece that requires more thought, but it's freaking amazing. Overall, great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
BTW, this is actually quite a good issue. I'm at the point where I generally need more alternate rules like I need more holes in my head, but Christopher's rules for mental fatigue are quite interesting; it's always good to have pre-built stats for minor and middle-rank characters (I always find those vastly more useful than write-ups of big bads); and Pulver's list of things that can going wrong with a spaceship is the sort of thing that's likely to find use in any starfaring campaign I'm likely to run.
Your designer's notes for the Silk Road are fascinating (so glad some critters made it in). I'm still trying to figure out how to use the book for my current campaign. My high fantasy campaign will benefit greatly when I finally come back to it as their are some Mongol-esque elves in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Erratum: The second sentence of the description of Long-Term Stability Points (LSP) on p4 is identical to the third sentence. You aren't supposed to test these rules on the editor!
Grrr. I spent hours checking for that stuff and something still got in. Oh, my glob. :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
This is a very meaty issue. And it felt like it kept going and going with good stuff. Even where I said "no, I'd do that differently" it was based on a conscious design decision preference rather than a flaw in the original works.

I will think about if and how to review this; some of the reviews might get long.
You had a very direct hand in my article at least. :-)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote