View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 12:03 PM   #2
jason taylor

Default Re: It would be nice to have a high powered "historical" fantasy series

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
I liked GURPS Silk Road and also Arabian Nights a lot. What I was thinking is there could be a high powered historical fantasy series that could set easy to play templates, magical items and monsters to defeat. I think that having the series be able to overlap and supplement the Dungeon Fantasy series would be smart and useful too. I would think that maybe 125 or 150 point starting templates would work well but it should include expansion to the DF norm of 250 and beyond. In short this should have a world where high powered PCs and monsters are part of the setting. I would like a world where there is both historical interest along side adventure and magic. It should be a middle road historical and epic fantasy. One where you start low powered and then work your way to hero, where the treasure has interesting historical connections and magic items have a culture surrounding them. It should also span the globe in search of adventure, sort of a fantasy James Bond traveling around the world.
That sounds like Prince Valiant.