View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #8
Lia Valenth

Default Re: [Basic Set, Powers] Super Jump Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodBeastX View Post
That being said, I'd like to see someone jump 100 yards in the air and land on a 1 yard target. I'd say this is one of those moments when someone is trying to cheese the rules. Basically super jump allows you to jump "at" someone to slam them. If you are jumping upwards to, that is still "Jumping at someone" in my book. I'd just tell the player no.

But if you insist on gaming it out, I would personally require Aerobatics rolls to land on the target, modified by the size/distance table, and how far the target moved from original spot in the time it would take the individual to land. At 100 yards (Assuming target didn't just move because someone is trying to jump on them) it's a -10 to roll. And I'd have it take the time in velocity to land on the target. This is probably 3 seconds in this case....
Actually it would take about 4.5 seconds to fall, so lets call is 5 for simplicity. Assuming it takes 1 second to jump up (which makes no sense, but for ease of use and because this power is magical it sorta works) it takes 6 seconds to hit the target.

if the target is stationary: a mounted turret, castle walls, or the like, you can probably hit. If not, your probably not going to hit. I would count it as an attack that targets a hex with a 6 round delay. So round 1 you target a hex, round 6 you hit the hex you aimed for. If there is someone in that hex you can do lots of damage, but in most fights its not going to happen.