View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 05:50 AM   #7
GodBeastX

Default Re: [Basic Set, Powers] Super Jump Slam

The wording in the book does not say targets of landing take no damage. Also, consider Catfall, which lowers falling damage and distance. Am I to believe that the momentum of the individual is always negated?

I'm not one to invent "Implicit" rules on advantages. Especially for fictional advantages. As Powers points out, it's unrealistic to have it.

That being said, I'd like to see someone jump 100 yards in the air and land on a 1 yard target. I'd say this is one of those moments when someone is trying to cheese the rules. Basically super jump allows you to jump "at" someone to slam them. If you are jumping upwards to, that is still "Jumping at someone" in my book. I'd just tell the player no.

But if you insist on gaming it out, I would personally require Aerobatics rolls to land on the target, modified by the size/distance table, and how far the target moved from original spot in the time it would take the individual to land. At 100 yards (Assuming target didn't just move because someone is trying to jump on them) it's a -10 to roll. And I'd have it take the time in velocity to land on the target. This is probably 3 seconds in this case.

Jumping up uses the character's boost to break gravity, but coming down is all gravity, so it won't be instant. If you need more detail than that, I'm sure a mathematician can weigh in.

Then of course, after impact, I'd probably require DX or Acrobatics roll not to fall yourself.