View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #21
Tomsdad

Default Re: Low Tech vs Basic Weapon Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjard View Post
Not off the top of my head. But his videos are more based on video game/movie/tabletop gaming realism than on actual real world information.

I watched a few of his videos about a year ago and decided he was passing himself off as an authority for things he really didn't know much about and never really went back. I'll watch parts of videos when he gets linked in places like this but they usually just reconfirm that he's entertainment not education.
Assuming we're talking about the chap with a faux hawk and chinstrap?

I just watched a few vids of his on you tube, on that (admittedly limited) experience he seems pretty good on basic practical stuff like why a klingon makleth's handle being a bit of leather thonging isn't very good for a faster than light civilisation. And he can find point of balance.

But I don't think I'd look to him for more detail than that, for example he can find a point of balance, but seems to infer quite a lot from it.

Does he pass him self of as an expert, if so what of? He didn't make any claims of himself in any of the few videos I've watched, but like I said I've come across him in the last hour and haven't looked that deep (but as general point I tend not to go to youtube for analysis and detail on complex questions)

that said it is a tough comparison to make from the point of the viewer though. as far as I can tell he makes 10 min videos, it's not like he's writing books, the difference in medium by definition means different levels of detail.

Last edited by Tomsdad; 12-26-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote