View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 08:33 PM   #10
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Flat Cost for Techniques

Aside from what Eric said above, the below just occurred to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearit View Post
Thanks for the effort. Would there be any way to alter the tags of the individual techniques in gca4 so that the first level would increase by a custom amount?

So that buying 1 level stepped up the technique by mutliple levels?
Not the various techniques, no. However, I think there's a way to flip that on its head, in a way that is much simpler for you.

You could make the technique costs be fractional point values, with one caveat--the last two MUST be whole numbers that result in a difference greater than 0 when rounded off. So...

Code:
Version=3
[SKILLTYPES]
Tech/A, cost(0.25/0.5/0.75/1/2), base(0), defaultstat(%default), relname(def), subzero(yes)
Tech/H, cost(0.25/0.5/0.75/1/2), base(0), defaultstat(%default), relname(def), subzero(yes)
Then you can just be sure that you always spend whole points on the character, and you'll get the jumps that you want just by changing the fractional values to the increments that you want. You can extend the costs out as far as you need, remembering not to use 0 values, and keeping the caveat in mind.

The caveat, and why those example cost values end with /1/2, is because GCA uses integer math for some reason to determine what step you're at based on the points spent if you go off the end of the cost list, and doing that requires division, and if the difference between the last two entries rounds down to 0, you get a crash.