View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 07:44 AM   #5
PIELIKEI

Default Re: [Powers] Supernatural "Omnisight"

Thanks for the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Vibration needs to add Discriminatory to match vision quality. Can't find the modifier in Enhanced Senses so it might be in Powers. Wish the book had a table for modifiers be handier to reference quickly.
I went ahead and added a modifier +150% discriminatory. This is used (such as with mana dampener and static) to determine friend from foe... which probably means that it is good enough to "detect details".

Plus the +150% modifier for 10 points in vibration sense is worth 15 points which lines up the other discriminatory senses.

I don't quite like "profiling" as my character doesn't have eidetic memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
GURPS Powers Enhanced Senses adds some modifiers you might like.
What your trying to build here is a spatial sense right?
Even with the Sense of Perception modifier it wont see through objects, like walls but will around objects that totally dont block in my opinion.

Is it useful outside combat, like seeing extreme detail? I created a modifier for Clairsentience in GURPS Powers Totem and Nature Spirits that might be worth a look.
Sense of Perception said it works in sealed environments (which have a solid barrier) and vacuums (which vibrations can never travel through anyways), in addition you can ignore "background noise" so that would be vibrations coming from other places (I suppose). I'd assume that meant that Sense of Perception came with the ability to detect any vibration regardless of line of effect towards you with the only main modifier being distance.

Yeah, the sense is supposed to be in detail outside of combat, like sight. Would this require "Extended" (modifier from vision) to cover different scales of vibrations? So strings vs photons, molecules vs sound vs earthquake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Significantly, there is no mention of the huge +10 "in plain sight" modifier you can get for vision rolls.
That is fair, I do still have vision though :D. But I can see how that would be better.

Last edited by PIELIKEI; 08-24-2019 at 08:44 AM.
PIELIKEI is offline   Reply With Quote