View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 04:10 PM   #15
Coinage

Default Re: Muggle Power Ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawsplay View Post
Assuming someone is a "muggle," I think it's sufficient to assume a decent point budget. Make the character a standard 150 to 250 point character. Slap on Magic Resistance 10 and so forth. It's a legal move and since it's a resistance, you can't "see" the character is a 400 point monster. Outside the supernatural frame of reference they are just a normal, action-oriented person.
Interesting, so if I read you right, what divides muggles from supers/monsters is that the muggles only have obvious super-powers. Muggles would be restricted to have some kind of counter-magic, or neutralize powers, or would only manifest when facing against supers.

If so, then Magic Resistance could work. Also, there would be static, and neutralize, and, if you really want to go all out, you could even have muggles inflict curses.

Also, I was thinking. This is spitballing here, but what if muggles could get power from "public" sources? Like, what if they got power by adhering to, and exemplifying, some sort of social norm? I was thinking something like the Avatars, who get power by adhering to Archetypes, in Unknown Armies

Last edited by Coinage; 08-02-2020 at 04:18 PM.
Coinage is offline   Reply With Quote