View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #9
Prince Charon

Default Re: [Pulp/Supers] Reawakened Heroes of a Golden Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
I am not sure if Realm Magic will get you the effect that you want. When talking about MoS, that is a pain in the rear, especially for 250 CP character, as you need skill 12+ for minor effects, 16+ for moderate effects, and 20+ for major effects. Each Realm Skill is IQ/VH, which means that efficiently designed magicians would favor very high IQ (14+ for dabblers and 16+ for practitioners). Then you have the cost of the Realms, which generally require level 3 for optimal utility.
Given that Realm magic is mostly supposed to be very rare and powerful anyway, limiting it mainly to the high-point-value characters is not a downside, nor is requiring high skill levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
In one of the later issues of Pyramid, I think the one on epic gaming, I offered a setting where supers emerged from reality tectonics. Like you, I didn't use the Super modifier as such. I made up a few more modifiers, including Trained, a 0% modifier specifically designed for "super normals."
I'll have to look for it. Sounds interesting, and now I wonder if I read it at some point.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 04-13-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote