View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 11:01 AM   #6
Huscurian

Default Re: [Science] The Hard Science of Low Gravity versus High Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by clu2415 View Post
The BRDM is a reconnaissance vehicle. IS-3 is a heavy tank.

Essentially, you want to know what effect high or low gravity has on ballistic projectiles and missiles, right? Basic set talks about thrown weapons on page 350, but I don't see anywhere it talks about ballistic weapons. I don't see anything in HT or UT either.
You got that right. BRDM (my bad, misspelled it correctly.) and IS-3 are both Soviet vehicles. Also thanks to Ulzgoroth for mentioning it first.

Yes. That's correct. I also want to know if high or low gravity would affect the speed and mobility of the vehicle.

Here's also another question. If there are genetically modified superhumans, is it possible for superhumans on high gravity worlds to perform higher jumps? Would the result of a landed jump be a hard one, for instance, possibly creating a small crater inside a soft surface instead of a hard one? Would their attacks be hard-hitting and quick even on high gravity worlds? What would it be like if the person being attacked got struck? Would they fall to the ground faster and harder or possibly be flung farther?

Last edited by Huscurian; 04-24-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Huscurian is offline   Reply With Quote