View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 07:17 PM   #5
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: A Character keeps crashing GCA and other requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
1) Would it be possible to fill the gaps in the damage table (not only this one but the standard one as well). The progression in GCA strictly follows the damage table in the Basic Set (damage increase every +1 ST up to 40, then every +5 ST up to 100, then every +10 ST). Rightly or wrongly, I always inferred that the table was a short hand but the progression was continuous and therefore ST 63 would provide thr 7d, Sw 9d+1. I think (I could be wrong) it should be the base case and not a variant. Otherwise, I guess I could create a data file for it based on your example above.
I try to recreate what's actually RAW as best I can. If it doesn't say it, I try not to assume anything other than what's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
The variant appeared in the "Knowing your own Strength" rule in Pyramid 3/83. The table is on page 17. Your code above seems to be spot on. Thank you very much

2) Looking at your code above, it made realize I could create a variant to follow the KYOS damage table but I am wondering how to create a variant to change the Basic Lift progression.

Well, shucks, KYOS is 3/38? I don't have that issue, but I have helped tons of folks with KYOS over the years, and I kept thinking that nobody ever sent me a file back to include! But I was just poking around in my folders, and found *two* possibilities, one of which even references Pyramid 3/83.

They seem to have similar damage tables to start with, but the two files aren't the same over all. So I'm not sure that I can actually include either one with GCA until I have a better idea of which of them is correct, or which parts of each are needed to make a correct whole.

I'll paste them in following messages, for folks to peep.