View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 05:53 PM   #8
DreadDomain

Default Re: A Character keeps crashing GCA and other requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Sounds like you may have entered some kind of data that's invalid but isn't trapped for yet and therefore crashes GCA. Or maybe there's bad data in a book file that got added to the character, and that now crashes things. Either way, that can be hard to figure out.

Email the character to me at gca5@misersoft.com and I will do my best to figure out what the problem is and get it back to you in working order. And maybe add a way to trap for the problem in GCA so it doesn't happen in the future.
Thanks, I sent the file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
1) I'm not familiar with that, so no, there's no built in way. It might need to be built into the way they grant bonuses. For example, the way Weapon Master's damage bonus is constructed could include a maximum value of some kind, but doesn't.
I finally found where it comes from. Pyramid 3/34 p.24 Extreme Damage.

"... the per-die damage bonuses for Brawling (+1/die) and Karate [and Boxing] (+2/die) can be overpowering. To mitigate this, consider capping them at +7 for Brawling or +14 for Karate [and Boxing]."

While I am not using extreme damage, I find this useful in a super game to call +1/die and +2/die bonuses at +7 and +14.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote