View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 08:10 AM   #54
Shadekeep

Default Re: TFT Map Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymc View Post
@Shadekeep:

*snip*
Thanks for all the great feedback! I am working on the megahex tool currently, and it should be possible to allow folks to click-paint with it. I gotta tell you, working out the megahex calculations for filling the grid properly were a pain. But now I have a function that renders a megahex wherever you click. I just have to integrate it more intuitively so that you can draw a sheet of them over the whole map if desired. I have to decide if megahexes are always a full sheet over the map, or if users can paint them arbitrarily. If the latter, I will need to modify the save file format more complexly to support that kind of placement.

The elevation marks are a good idea, and I have plans to have a whole new palette of components for terrain maps. The current Palette tab will likely be split into Dungeon and Terrain tabs, in order to group the tools more logically.

Thanks as well for the offer to help out with the interface. Any suggestions you have for making it more intuitive are appreciated. It's hard to step away and properly critique it when you're the one building it.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote