View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #136
jason taylor

Default Re: bending stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Me too, but because I'm a giant major chicken with anxiety issues. It's either not scary or ARRGH! run away from the TV, with no real in between.

It's that she gets nauseated when I simply mention I'm about to check my blood sugar because of the tiny stick. Just an oddity, as well as being the first person I've ever met that perfectly epitomizes Phobia: Squeamish.
I'm not sure I would accept her without at least a raised eyebrow if she were a written up PC.
I do think it is a stereotype for the horror nut to be a lover of grossness in reality.
Well I am a bit fastidious in a lot of things some more then others(I almost morbidly hate having unwashed hands for instance). Also, while I won't say I don't have a sadistic streak buried down there somewhere(given my taste for mildly dark humor I probably do), nonetheless a whole movie about the characters doing nothing but suffering helplessly does not attract me.