View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #26
tbone

Default Re: Increasing lethality

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp View Post
Shots to Torso Vitals default down to Torso shots -ie if you miss a torso vitals shot by 1 (including the -3 strike penalty for a vitals shot), you still hit the torso.
A good optional rule.

(Would be nice to see GURPS set a default optional mechanism for this kind of thing: i.e., the chances of hitting the larger target any time you're aiming for a smaller sub-target. Or does Martial Arts cover this in detail, at least where bodily hit locations are concerned?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp View Post
or allow the reverse effect - if you make a generic torso shot by 3 or more, it counts as a vitals hit.
I myself would steer away from that: if the vitals hit occurs automatically on a good roll, why bother specifically aiming for the vitals?

It does make sense, IMO, to use a simple random chance (1-2 on d6?) that a torso shot hits the vitals. (Hm... already in MA, I think?) No adjustment for skill, or degree of success on TH, as the attacker wasn't aiming for the vitals.

(If using this rule, it should be possible to aim specifically for the torso "non-vitals", with no chance of a vitals hit - say, -1 TH? Good for those action flicks where the cop has to shoot his buddy for some contrived reason. "You shot me, man!" "Hey, I left you alive, didn't I?" "I'm too old for this...")

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is online now   Reply With Quote