View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 05:44 AM   #23
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: World War One Psychics [Powers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
This would be the biggest threat I think, with 53k Psis working for them, AH can basically almost do what it likes and put itself in a favourable situation while doing so. But if those psis decided to do their own thing or even just enough of them do it gets complicated quickly. (AH might stop being recognisably AH). Without a universal and infallible counter controlling Psis by the very nature of their powers is difficult.

One other thing what is the spread of power total, you said in the OP the average is 50cp, but what's the range here?

I'm not very up on the GURPS psychic powers rules so I'm not sure exactly what 50cp gets you (although I'm guessing you'll get more bang for you buck in this context with ESP, telepathy, mind control than more flashy psychokinesis etc)

But if you have a few individuals in the 500-1000 range in a world that doesn't believe in Psychic powers they're going a have a huge effect.
I am thinking that 90% of the psychics would have between 1-50 CP, 9% would have between 51-100 CP, 0.9% between 101-150 CP, and 0.1% between 151-200 CP. If the House of Lorraine (and other noble houses) possessed significant antipsi abilities, they could easily control the psychics and avoid psychic control. Strangely enough, psychic abilities would be the mark of common blood then while antipsi abilities would be a sign of noble blood.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote