View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
Clipper

Default Re: When to discard during combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brf View Post
That is referring to cards that tell you to discard. For instance, a Fighter discards a card to get a combat bonus.

Come to think of it, doesn't Pollymorph specifically say to "discard" the monster? If so, you would immediately discard it, not wait for the end of the battle.
Exactly. That's what BIG was asking. The FAQ has always been a bit confusing in that regard, but the other official responses on the forum seem to indicate that discard effects really do discard immediately and the FAQ only refers to +X to either side cards that stick around and so on. I believe a used Wandering Monster card should be immediately discarded for example, despite the FAQ implying it would stick around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringInfoGuy View Post
*Off topic but related questions:

If your helper had played Potion of Halitosis, and you then wandered in Floating Nose on yourself, the potion would still auto kill the Floating Nose, correct?

How about if an interfering Munchkin played Potion of Halitosis to boost a monster, would it still cause the Floating Nose to be auto killed?
I don't believe either of these would work. Potion of Halitosis tells you it gives +2 to either side or it kills the Floating Nose. If you could do both effects, it would use 'and' rather than 'or'. When it is played, the player decides which effect it has, choosing a side to get a bonus or if it kills the Floating Nose, not any combination of the effects.