View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #25
robertsconley

Default Re: The Future of the Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
I admire their enthusiasm, but (1) they're not writers, so they're heavy edits, and (2) they tend to assume that everybody games like they do. The result is content that gets very expensive very quickly, because it needs so much reworking.
Isn't the point for a game to be played? What good is technical excellence if there are lackluster sales not for a a year or two but for a decade. Yes the market has changed but in words of Obi-wan Kenobi "There are alternatives" Alternatives that sidestep the traditional proposal edit product cycle and breathe new life into a product.

OSR and the awards it serves as a counter example. Along with the fact it single handily revived formerly dead editions of D&D from the grave.

Doing this doesn't preclude the usual procedure being followed when it comes to product bearing the SJ Games imprint and trade dress. That way people who care about that specific kind of quality know where to buy.

While I am critical what I propose is in addition to what being done not in lieu of.
robertsconley is offline   Reply With Quote