View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 09:19 PM   #93
Some Guy From Mars

Default Re: Fantasy Trip Glitches, Contradictions, Ambiguities

Quote:
I just saw this Defensive Quickness idea somewhere else... Was it in Interplay? I can't remember, but I thought it had potential.

And I find the Hit Points idea intriguing. I wonder what the implications would be in game terms? Have you playtested these ideas any?
I got the idea from the original Defensive Quickness article from an old issue of "Interplay" (cannot remember which one or even if I still have it).

Wish I could play test both DQ and Hit Points, but am not part of a TFT gaming group. Fact is, I do not know anyone who plays the game, but am looking forward to joining a group once the game is re-released.

In terms of Hit Points, I got the idea from one of the 'house rules' of the group I gamed with back in the 80's (a long time ago). The GM who ran our group introduced a fourth attribute called Constitution (CN), which acted as a hit points reserved. Problem, however, is that CN made characters too difficult to kill, almost impossible if you will.

Basically, CN would combine with your ST to equal your Hit Points. A character with ST 15 and CN 15 would be unconscious at 16 t 30 points of damage. Death at 31.

I liked the premise behind CN, but, again, it made characters too difficult to kill. So my Hit Points idea was based around our old CN rules but without introducing an attribute while making them a bit more susceptible to death.

Last edited by Some Guy From Mars; 06-11-2018 at 04:09 AM.
Some Guy From Mars is offline   Reply With Quote