View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #9
Dalin

Default Re: Magical traps (spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
My group exorcised the runes when they ran into them. I called that "effective" because they're Evil runes, of course you can exorcise them... but I only let that disable them for 24 hours.
My group doesn't have a wizard or any thaumatology skill, so I was planning to follow that route if the cleric or holy warrior wants to tackle it. Something like a cursed hallway.

I was also thinking that if Ælin Rocktalker (Delvers, p. 3) wanted to pour a lot of FP into Shape Earth, he might do enough damage to permanently destroy the magic of the runes. It's not clear how steep the arch is above, but let's say the walls are each 8x20 feet, or a total of 320 square feet (for two walls) or 46,080 square inches. A 6 FP (x6 multiplier for worked stone) casting of Shape Earth can manage 46,656 cubic inches, so Ælin could, ostensibly, smear the walls to an inch deep. I'd probably require at least double that (those runes have deep roots). I'm not entirely clear on whether he would have to be walking down the hallway in order to do this, which would also mean that he would likely get hit by the spell once, taking a pile of damage.

I don't even know if he'll go for it, but I'd be up for letting him give it a shot. If it feels too easy, the Peshkali could launch a preemptive strike or when the spell finally fails, it might have a final spasm that increases its area of effect or causes a tremor/rockfall or some other excitement.

Fun!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote