View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 03:55 AM   #8
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: DF Adventure: It Came From Wawne

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog
Alright, I'll have the lizardmen jump in the water. I was just describing their little fort. There is no reason the lizardmen couldn't jump into the swamp and attack the PCs.
Better yet, have them make Stealth rolls vs Perception to swim up unnoticed. ;)

Quote:
But if combat goes against the other lizardmen then they will retreat into their lair and defend the chief. The chief could go out and attack but I was trying to be realistic, most leaders avoid fighting if they can force others to it for them. Sure, if you think it's better to have the chief go out and attack that is fine.
Realistically that only makes sense if the leader is contemptuous of the force brought to bear against his, has some means of C&C from the rear, is engaged in escaping from the site of the battle, or is too old/weak/crippled/culturally-tabooed/etc to fight.

Quote:
I just want the PCs to go into the lair so they can get the map and possibly see the snakeman defore he teleports away.
Your DF PCs don't make a habit of searching for hidden rooms and combing them for loot? The snake-man can be tied up doing something until the last possible second if you want them to see him vanish - perhaps casting the ritual that vanishes himself takes significant time, if you don't want him to live forever. In that case, you can say that the lizards are in staggered layers as a delaying action for him. ;)

Quote:
There is still more to do with this adventure and there will surely be a climactic fight at the end.
Ah, carry on, sorry.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote