View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 12:15 PM   #8
errant42

Default Re: Aura Traits in 4e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
You want Affliction with the Advantage enhancement and Area Effect, Selective Area (I hope!), and Sense-Based (your allies' DR doesn't stop the Affliction, btu they must see you or hear your encouraging words), plus Always On (at -10%, since the effects are mostly going to be "annoys your enemies") and Emanation (to tack your area of effect to your person).
Wow ... Affliction does pretty much anything, huh. Thanks for the input. So the Aura of Courage would look like this:

Aura of Courage [45] (Affliction 1: Fearlessness +3 (+60%), Area Effect: 4 yd (+100%), Selective Area: Allies only (+20%), Sense-Based: Vision/Hearing (+200%), Always On (-10%), Emanation (-20%); Total mods: +350%)

And an offensive version would just replace the advantage with a disadvantage or attribute penalty. What about giving attribute or skill bonuses to nearby allies? Would I just use the Attribute Penalty rules in reverse?

Also (only tangentially related): what about Smite Evil, i.e. a melee weapon attack that inflicts extra damage on an "evil" (i.e. malevolent supernatural) creature?

Smite Evil [2] (Innate Attack: Burning 2d (5/lvl), Follow-Up (Melee attack, +0%), Accessibility (Only Demons, Undead, etc, -30%), Limited Use (2/day, -30%), Melee Attack (C or 1, -20%); Total mods: -80%)
errant42 is offline   Reply With Quote