View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 12:48 AM   #40
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Can In Nomine be resurrected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
You could still have the check digit with 3d6, just roll 4d6 so you get the bell curve but still keep that crit aspect as a side thing.
And Wiliam has it right there is a lot of opportunity on the W23 wishlist for a creative author. A GIN topic could slide into Monster Hunters or Cabal, much less IW, IOU or Illuminati.
The book needs be good enough to sell, but does not have to fit perfectly into the GIN or IN cannon, especially as in not requiring those books to use it.
The goal is to sell more books and for this topic to increase IN visibility.
A MH adventure (or series of them) that hinted at IN and used some of its plots could rekindle that interest.
Much as I'm fond of the check digit? I think it would be better to axe it if the system moved to a 3d6 mechanic. It's a cute stunt, but the word-count spent on explaining it might better go to more interesting things; this really might be a case of "kill your darlings, because they're distorting the rest of the work." The 111/666 mechanic is a more important flavor.

If someone got a go-ahead on "IN in MH/IW/whatever" as a concept, I would be happy to work with 'em on the conversion to get capitalizations right and all! (As William said, converting from 3e to 4e GURPS would generally just be adjusting point-costs.)

Again, managing expectations: I wouldn't be the one to give a go-ahead on such a project, however intriguing I find it. O:>