View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #34
Refplace

Default Re: Can In Nomine be resurrected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
One area where In Nomine does feel a lot like White Wolf is character creation. It does not have character points. To me, that's a good thing. While I would want to revise character creation somewhat, I would not want to get rid of its overall approach. The main thing that I would change would be to decouple Resources from Forces. Give everyone a standard allotment of Resource points based on how much experience they have under their belt. Nearly everything else works just fine as is.
Thats the part that bothered me at first, the d666 mechanic felt like a cute gimmick, the Forces being spread with different chareteristics and how they relate to Resources and such, thats the parts that rubbed me the wrong way.
And the writing style felt like storyteller.

However I just reread the core rulebook (had to buy a new copy) and some of my opinions have changed. At least a little.
The Dissonance mechanics are a bit abstract but more usable than I remembered.
Still by far my favorite part of the book is the setting.

Another idea to promote visibility would be a card game. I can really see a card game based on this setting. Munchkin, sure but a more competitive one like Werewolf or Vampire had would be something I would sign up for a kickstarter for. Toss in a Superiors book as a stretch goal and you help In Nomine by getting a new product and fresh visibility..
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote