View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 09:13 AM   #37
offsides

Default Re: Sooo . . .What do you want?

So much to ask for, so much to want. But let's try and keep things (mostly) realistic.
  • More Ogrezine. Probably only as an annual thing, but maybe every 6 months if there's enough submissions to create a backlog. I'd love to see it even more frequently, but I just don't see it having the volume and readership to do so.
  • More Minis. I'm not going to specify which because frankly I'd probably buy anything SJG makes :P.
  • Finish the Assault Packs and publish them with cardboard 2d counters. IIRC, they vary between "polish it up" to "nice concepts, but it really needs to be reworked", but they all have some decent ideas.
  • More history/setting/backstory/fiction, especially a) for the Factory States and b) for other theatres of combat. This partially ties into the Assault packs, but I'd like to see even more. Of course, this kind of stuff is perfect for the Ogrezine... :)
  • A campaign system to allow for scenarios to be linked, either directly or just giving 2 players an interesting way to handicap one side or the other based on how they did int he previous scenario. Things like a few more or less units, or extra reinforcements, better intel, etc., that are simple to implement but have meaningful impacts on the game. Hmm, time to make a few notes for myself...
  • More maps, even if they're just paper posters rather than heavy chipboard.
  • Overlay sheets - PDFs you can print of a single terrain type, useful for creating large overlays of any shape and size. Cardboard counters might be interesting in full sheets too, but those would probably need to be pre-punched, which makes setting up a massive overlay on the board that much harder to keep in place. But if you sold 8.5"x11 sheets of solid cardboard that could have paper glued to it and then cut to size, I'd consider that as a decent companion piece to the PDFs (or just link to some place that sells them :)).
  • More solo scenarios for the Ogre Video Game, but that's probably as much on Auroch Digital as SJG...

That's all I can come up with right now.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote