View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #7
Maz

Default Re: Terror (active) any modifiers to Quick contest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
In Psionic powers there is a power that causes terror. Instead of a straight fright check it's a quick contest of the attacker's skill vs defender's will.
IDHMBWM so I can't give page #s or exact quotes, but check it out.
Yea, it doesn't mention any modifiers either (apart from the +1 for repeated exposure within 24 hours).

The power I am making is basically the same as that one, but with a few other limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Darkness, bodies, dead loved ones, killing someone, high RoF weapons, explosions...
Okey, but most of those are, to me, things that require their own Fright check. I agree darkness and maybe "being alone" could give penalties, but the others are extremely elaborate. I was hoping to being able to use Terror defensively. To "scare off attackers" (not necessarily run away, that's another topic of discussion), but at least Stun them so I could hurt them or run away.

Terror is a pretty expensive ability. And having to win a Will check is difficult when the opponent has a base +5 bonus (assuming combat). I would be much better off simply buying a Affliction with malediction. but Terror (active) fits much better.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote